Monday 8 September 2014

Tea For Me



My mouth waters at the very prospect.  A perfect cup of tea is a work of art, and it's beauty definitely lies in the eyes of the beholder.  For me the secret ingredients are the right creamy milk and the exact strength to color it just so. In the morning I wake up to my first thought- the tea I am about to enjoy. 



My dearest friend, who happens to be my husband, will deposit my elixir from the heavens at my bedside upon hearing my waking rustle.

I will carefully clear a space on my night table in anticipation.  The kettle slowly rumbles to a bubbling crescendo, and I follow the sounds of his morning movements.  The cup clunks to the counter as the cupboard door slaps shut. A thunk of the tea caddy lid, and the spoon diving into my cup to perform its washer-like agitation that teases the essence from my tea bag.  Then the fridge door will thunk, and the jug of milk will release just the right amount of milk as he stirs vigorously to insist on the correct proportions.  Then the slurp of a chef testing his creation, and voila!

That first sip paints a smile on my sleepy lips.  The cascade of creamy tea washes my awakening body with well-being, and sets me on my way to a new day. 

With a start like this to my day is there any wealth in the world that can compete?

Even tea on a cruise



No comments:

Post a Comment