Wednesday 29 April 2015

Happy Music, Happy Hobbying

This little fellow is rooted, out of the wind! See the baby tucked in the pot?

I am a good candidate for a Happiness BA.  I am by far mostly a positive person.  You just have to see my previous blogs to understand that I seize the moments.

My quest for Happiness on demand continues.  One of the elements of my research involves hobbies.  The satisfaction of achieving something is out there for all of us.  Even the completion of a jigsaw puzzle gives us a rise.  Today I pledge to complete one of my projects.
 
There is a wind outside, nudging at the cedars outside my window.  They reluctantly move their elbows as Wind shoves at them.  They are loath to let go of their brown used bits, but Nature knows best and off they drop at the urging of Wind. 

Our garden birds usually know better than to fight the gusts.  Once in a while though, a brave sparrow launches from the cherry tree aiming in one direction, but tumbling acrobatically in another.  It should have stayed in the embrace of the wizened branches, and so the raised trills of its friends confirms.  I close my eyes to listen.  On a day like this the birds gather in groups to commiserate over lost time.  Their voices carry sharply, cutting through the fierce breath of Wind. 

Well I won’t be grumbling about time lost.  It’s a delightful day to hobby.  I will put on Lorena McKennitt, turn her pure voice up and lose myself.

Music that evokes positive emotions is another key to Happiness.  At the right volume, with the right tune, the invisible ribbons of sound slide into the listener, gently stroking our insides; embracing our spirits.  It can’t be ignored if the timing is right.  You’ve felt that moment.  That’s a facet of Happiness.  So choose your magic and start the music.  


No comments:

Post a Comment