Thursday 10 July 2014

A Moment With Royalty


The Echinacea is wearing a butterfly fascinator today!  It is jauntily placed just so on her soft petals.  What a perfect Monarch it is, daintily poking its proboscis into the bristly brown centre of the flower.  Echinacea is used for increasing immunity when prepared just so, but I find that merely being in the presence of it lifts my mood, so surely also my immunities!  Known as a purple coneflower, I find the common name beneath her.  I prefer the regal “Echinacea”.  It brings royalty to mind.  I think I will spend a little while with this beauty today.

See the Echinacea in the top right corner?  I didn't catch the butterfly, but here is a picture from another time...
 
My notes on Echinacea include the following, but I am not a professional so just use this for interest!  You should consult further if you plan to use it.

The root is most effective.  It is an immune system stimulant at 1 gram of dried root three times a day for 3 months!  Take a piece of fresh root, wash and cut into tiny pieces.  Boil it in water for 15 min.  Better tasting: Pour boiling water over a handful of fresh flowers or leaves, steep for 10 min, strain and sweeten.  You can just chew the leaves too.

No comments:

Post a Comment