Tuesday 15 July 2014

Free the Roses!

 
 
I think my lovely, but captive yellow roses have found an escape. Just the other day I was ruminating about what a shame it is for these elite factory roses never to have faced the sun, or to have felt the gentle caress of a multitude of pollinators. Instead they were bred and raised in captivity, force fed and given hormones.  Given by lovely friends with the best of intentions, my heart goes out to these darlings.

My earlier blog, A Rose Is Not A Rose, touched on this topic when I related my rose-attack incident. No truly, I forgive the Tree Rose. But it seems that these dear yellow roses were inspired by my words, as I talked of the freedom our garden roses enjoy.

 I was just about to relegate them to the compost, to at least give them a dignified end, when my eye caught two delicious healthy green shoots, one on each stem! Delighted, I quickly thrust them back into fresh water and plotted where in the garden would give them the best fighting chance at survival.

I can't wait to watch them thrive in Nature's embrace. I hope they will experience the warm breezes and come alive with the little footsteps of bugs, and the gentle strokes of bees.
 
The beautiful roses as a gift.                                            See the growth on the stem to the right?
Let's see how they do with their bare feet in the soil, and their skin in the breeze!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment